Monday, March 12, 2007

 

The Golden Behind on tour

The Golden Behind (my pick-up/pirate truck, named after Sir Francis Drake's ship) will be on tour at several art car events this summer.

Baton Rouge, LA on 7 April, 2007
Eureka Springs, AR 4-6 May 2007
Houston, TX 10-13 May 2007

of course Louisville will have its art car weekend in August. We like to wait for good weather.

On the table above you can see my latest scrounging finds. I have a bunch of gauges and knobs that are going to be made into my steam control pane. Lots of new lights, including a headlight upgrade and some groovy side-view mirrors. On the right there is a builder's level that will make a really cool telescope looking thing. Unfortunately the optics in the level are not right and you can't actually see anything through it. That's why I got it cheap.

The porthole is going in the side of the topper, it will probably make camping in there a little more comfortable. It is big and brass. I like it.



Labels: ,


Comments:
I guess art cars are a southern thing. Otherwise, I'm sure you'd find a parade up here somewhere so you could visit and find way more cool maritime stuff to decorate with.
 
Lots of events out west too. I am looking for something up your way. Really. I am.
 
A long lost cousin has read your blog...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?