Friday, February 16, 2007

 

New Gates


I installed these gates a couple of weeks ago. They are for the courtyard of a restaurant and wine store. (610 Magnolia for those of you in Louisville. I think Aviva is my only reader.)

The gate is pretty simple. The pattern comes from the leftovers of a computer controlled plasma cutter. Someone needed a lot of L-brackets and had them cut out of a plate. I came along and took the leftovers and put them in a frame. Pow! Instant Gate! There is more visual interest that filling with straight bars and it was also less work.

Cool. I have to touch up the paint when the weather warms up.

Comments:
Cool gates!! You have more than one reader- Mark (from Anessa and Mark)
 
Congratulations on having more readers than just me Lewis. And welcome back. I've missed these peeks into your world. Now I can use my lunch hour on both you and Marz.
And if I can remember how to log in, it won't take me half an hour to submit a stupid comment.
Oh, yeah, and cool gates and use of found materials!
Aviva
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?