Monday, October 24, 2005

 

Before and after



OK, some of you may remember that my shop has a dirt floor. Last Saturday as I had gone back and forth to the vise near the forge a few times and I noticed some thing funny in the floor (funny-weird, otherwise I would have taken a before picture.) I knew that the shape was familiar but I couldn't place it. I thought that it was part of the power hammer foundation, but couldn't figure out what the heck it would be.

So, naturally, I poked it with a piece of steel until I figured it out (kicking it had gotten nowhere.)

This is what I found.



That is a really big hammer. It's at least three pounds and it was entirely buried in the floor. All in all it's in pretty decent shape, a little rust on the under side and the handle is split. Weird. I'll show it to Fred if he comes in tomorrow.


--Note to self, learn to use the GIMP to fake better before pictures.

Comments:
I thought you did a pretty good job on the before picture. What's GIMP?
 
the GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is an open source image editor like photoshop, but you don't have to pirate a copy. Free, as in beer and speech, and legal.
 
Fred said "Hmmm. That's a good hammer. I'll have to put a new handle in there."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?