Monday, August 29, 2005

 

Van Lear



We took a trip to eastern Kentucky last weekend. Marz has become quite enamored of a young lady he met at Nerd Camp this summer. He bugged the heck out of us until we agreed to go for a visit.

Samantha's family lives right by a state park, so it is very scenic. Joetta and I went for a walk in another nearby park and saw some wild turkeys. Some of you (Is anyone reading this other than Aviva?)may recognize Van Lear as Loretta Lynn's home town. Joetta and I went up to Butcher Hollow and took a little tour of the Homeplace. It is a sort of local industry. It is certainly a pretty spot but it is also certainly a darn small house and not near anything. The house is full of old family pictures and signed pictures from celebrity visitors. A lot of the family pictures look just like Joetta's family pictures, which could be a cultural/class thing or it could just be a black and white and blurry thing.

In a blatant attempt to increase readership here is a picture of Marz and Sam. No teasing Marz about this, Sam is a nice girl and we think they're cute.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Okay, I only removed my comment because it was full of typos. I guess I should use the preview feature. I won't tease Marz. But I will recommend that he and Sam might last longer if he stops looking so miserable when they are together. Or was the problem that parental types were there too?
 
Marz had two good reasons to look sad. First, not only were parental types there but we were taking his picture. Second, we were about to leave. He didn't look miserable the whole time. Silly Aviva.
 
Besides, he doesn't look miserable. He is scowling at me.
 
hey, Luigi, what do you expect of yer sister wot hain't had no kinders? Sure, she can't tell a sad from a scowl, but my objection to the shot is that I see about as much of Samantha's face as SAM is of the letters in her name ... and that ain't Marz's fault, but the photog's.
 
I think that is about all I've ever seen of Sam's face either.

It's not a mug shot it's a portrait which captures that pair pretty darn well.
 
Hooray for portraits! It does seem to capture personalities (at least the ones they want to project) quite well.
 
I love that photo.
It reminds me of a time way back when, when I was a shy young girl dating a young dark prince (only my prince had a mullet and a leather biker jacket)

Awesome.
Looks a lot like teen love.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?