Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

Misery Loves Company

OK, I am spilling my guts online so I am a real blogger now. I am paying the price for a weekend of art car glory.

I have spent the whole day entering my bank statements into Quicken so I can use them for my taxes. I got an extension so they're due on Monday. I promised them to my accountant yesterday.

Anyway, I am doing my last minute typing away and the phone rings. It's my Dad. He starts apologizing right away for screwing up.

Screwing up what?

He is doing HIS taxes and he found one of my 1099s. He's all worried that he messed up my taxes because I didn't have this interest report for my schedule B.

New Holiday -- Meyer tax season 15 August.

Comments:
My brother the blogger. Hmmmm.

The pictures are great. I'm glad I looked around long enough to find one of Lewis as a pirate too.
 
Nobody here at my house sees why it is so funny, so I am reaching out to you.

I am pretty sure my traitorous sister filed on time. No respect for tradition.
 
I won't become a blogger just yet, but there seems to be a need to mediate between my offspring (off-sprUng? - they seem to be).

Nothing traitorious in being prompt ... I am in all things but tax returns. (I do, for the record, pay the damned stuff on time...)

And I want to clear the air ... or the ether, where we communicate ... by noting that I had an excuse -- changing jobs and two trips out of the country so far this year, both largely work-related.

SO, WOT'S YOUR EXCUSE? (L: for delay, and A: for filing on time.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?